Thankfully woke up in the morning!

I hit my head on Saturday morning cause I was vacuuming under a window and I stood up and knocked my head on it. I had a small worry that I had a concussion because one pupil was bigger than the other, and I had a bad headache, but it all turned out okay. It was actually kind of weird going to sleep on Saturday and thinking, I could just not wake up in the morning. 
But I did and so it’s all good. I still have a bump on my head, but other wise I’m good. Don’t worry. I’ve got a hard head. Remember, it dented the hood of a car, so I think I’m okay. 😀 
Oh, but I’m not really sure what else to say about my week! It wasn’t particularly exciting! We ran out of money because our travel expenses were so high this month and we were both late turning in our reimbursements. So if you look at my bank account, that’s why. But it’s okay, cause I just have to repay myself the personal money that I used. 
But it was hard because I wasn’t just paying for myself, I was paying for both Sister Judd and I because her personal bank card expired and so she had no personal money. It was rough there for the week. But it’s okay, it’s all figured out, thankfully, 
But yeah. I just realized that this week will be my four month mark on my mission! That’s so weird! 
A lot of the time it still feels like it’s February or March and then I realize that it’s June and I start freaking out because it doesn’t make sense! 
But anyway, it’s all good. 
Oh, but we have mold on our ceiling. It’s disgusting. It’s actually really stupid because we don’t have any ventilation in that part of our apartment because of the disaster that is the layout. All of out windows are on the opposite side of our apartment and we can’t open our front door, which is right next to the bathroom because our whole apartment smells like smoke. It’s just a disaster.
So I spent Saturday morning cleaning mold off the ceiling because Sister Judd is too short to reach the ceiling. I was doing what I call Bathroom Acrobatics. 
There’s the uneven bars, (the rim of the tub and the chair, the bar and a half (the rims of the tub, including the one against the wall, the switch (the switch between the tub and the chair), the balance beam (standing on just the one side of the tub), and the mounts and dismounts. It’s all very scientific. 
Anyway. It was an interesting little day. 
Transfer calls are Friday. We’re kind of nervous about it. This time around we don’t have the security of trainer and trainee to buffer the call. Anything could happen really. It’s kind of crazy! I’m wondering what will happen! 
So, there have been a couple of missionaries that came to Wels and didn’t leave for several months, the longest I heard was nine months. When I first got the Wels I thought to myself, Just wait, you’re gonna be that missionary that gets stuck here. And I was really angry about it! I kept thinking, I do not want to stay here! But now that there’s the possibility that I’m going to leave I’m afraid! I actually feel like I know the ward, they understand me, I can talk to them, I know who they are, I feel like they like me, and it’s all very great. I don’t want to leave! 
But just so you’re aware, because of transfer calls, don’t send anything through the mail past Thursday this week until you hear from me on Monday if I’m staying or leaving, cause there’s no guarantee that I would get it for a while. Oh, my goodness! But the stress of not knowing is killing me! 
Sister Judd thinks that she’ll probably leave, I don’t know what I think will happen. But you know, it’s what the Lord knows is best and the only thing that we can pray for is that President Miles will be correctly inspired as to what he should do, whatever that might be.
Okay, so I don’t know if you pay attention to the news about Austria, but it’s pretty much not stopped raining for the last five days and there’s flooding all over Austria. We slept in Linz last night and so we left Wels at about 8:15 and there are people everywhere through Bahnhof. We got to our Gleis and there was a train that was just packed full of people heading to Wein and so we got on it because it went through Linz and we were talking to the people on the train and there were people that had been on a train from Frankfurt to Wein, a direct train (can you imagine!? That would be a long train ride!). And something had happened to their train because of the flooding and so they had to get off their train and get on this other one. All the seats were filled, all the cabins were filled, the doors of the cabins were open so that people could stand in them and we were standing in the crowded hall of the business class section and it was ridiculous! 
But the Donau is flooded over, houses are flooding, the streets are flooding, the fields are flooding, my shoes are flooding.
It’s just crazy how much water there is. It’s supposed to rain through Thursday I think and then stop for a couple of days and then start raining again. I think Wein is pretty flooded too. A member showed us a video of the Donau in some place that I can’t remember and there was just several inches of water flooding the sidewalks, going into kellers, and the river is just going so crazy and so fast and it’s so high. 
It was raining harder in Wels when we left last night than it was in Linz and it’s not raining too bad here right now, but I wonder how it’ll go when we get back home this afternoon. We’ll just have to wait and see. 
I’m just wondering how bad it’s going to get. This is just unprecedented weather we’re having. It’s crazy. 
I don’t know what else to tell you this week…hmmm…Just transfer calls this Friday! Can you believe I’m already almost done with my second transfer!? When you look at your mission in terms of transfers it’s pretty much non-existent. 
Well, we’ll see really what happens in the next couple of weeks! I forgot my little book today, it’s at the Sister’s Apartment here in Linz, we slept over there last night and we stayed up pretty late. So I’m really tired. I’m so going to bed early tonight. 
I just heard that Passau is flooded. Well, that’s fun. 😀 
We’ve gotta try and get some preparations made just in case our water gets contaminated. That’s a possibility. 
Well, if it gets any worse then we’ll see what happens with Missionary work!
Well, I love you!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s